Parenthood & Mental Health
Book a Course
Parenthood can be challenging and bring difficulties such as stress, anxiety, low mood or depression. You may experience sleep difficulties, relationship difficulties or find bonding with your baby or looking after your own needs challenging.
Our course aims to help you manage this demanding time through a variety of ways over 8 weeks.
- Look at and understand the impact that parenthood can have on your mental health
- Consider and understand the CBT models of anxiety and depression
- Discuss factors that can contribute to difficulties
- Explore ways of improving communication and relationships
- Learn ways to manage and improve your wellbeing
- Understand the links between your emotions, thoughts, behaviours and physical symptoms
- Learn techniques to challenge and manage unhelpful thinking patterns and behaviours
- Explore ways to improve your attachment with your baby
Postnatal difficulties such as anxiety and low mood or depression are common in both new mums and new dads. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) has been found to be effective in treating these types of difficulties.
We will ask you to try out tasks at home between sessions to make sure you get the best out of attending. Our group will help you to consider ways that will help you feel more confident in using strategies and hopes to improve your quality of life and enhance your enjoyment of parenthood.
Time: Thursday 5:30pm-7:30pm
Duration: 8 weeks