There are lots of reasons why you may be experiencing anxiety
- Sometimes people describe themselves as “a born worrier”
- Anxiety may run in your family
- Often many things contribute, e.g. relationships, physical health, money, employment, stressful events in your life
- A build-up of stress and strains can lead to anxiety. This may happen if you are feeling run down or not eating or sleeping properly.
- Anxiety can also be a symptom of another condition, such as panic disorder (when you have panic attacks) or post-traumatic stress disorder, which is caused by frightening or distressing events.